Metaxa2 has been updated again today to version 2.1.3. This update adds a few features to the Metaxa2 Diversity Tools (metaxa2_uc and metaxa2_rf). The core Metaxa2 programs remain the same as for the previous Metaxa2 versions. The new features were suggested as part of the review process of a Metaxa2-related manuscript, and we thank the anonymous reviewers for their great suggestions!
New features and bug fixes in this update:
- Added the Chao1, iChao1 and ACE estimators in addition to the original species abundance (“Bengtsson-Palme”) model in metaxa2_rf
- Added the Raup-Crick dissimilarity method to the metaxa2_uc tool
- Added a warning message when data is highly skewed for metaxa2_uc
- Improved robustness of the ‘model’ mode of metaxa2_uc for highly skewed sample groups
- Fixed a bug causing miscalculation of Euclidean distances on binary data in metaxa2_uc