Schedule for the meeting
13.15 – News in the GoBiG Network
13.25 – Results of the 2012 Evaluation
13.35 – Discussion: What should we do in 2013?
14.00 – Chandan Pal “Current Challenges in Metagenomics: an Overview”
14.15 – Viktor Jonsson “A Bayesian Approach to Metagenomics”
14.30 – Kemal Sanli “Metagenomic Analysis of Marine Biofilm Communities”
14.45 – Johan Bengtsson-Palme “Assessing Antibiotic Resistance Using Metagenomics”
15.00 – Discussion: What Tools are needed for Improving Metagenomics Analyses?
15.15 *** Fika break ***
16.00 – Anna Johnning “Superbug – The Genome of a Multiresistant Bacterium”
16.15 – Fredrik Boulund “Large-scale Sequence Annotation – What Fredrik’s been up to since last time”
16.30 – Kaisa Thorell “Sequencing Helicobacter pylori”
16.45 – José Sánchez “Joint Estimation of Gene Networks in Cancer”
17.00 – Francesco Gatto “Starving Cancer with Bioinformatics”
17.15 – Discussion: What Tools are needed for Going from Genome Sequencing to Knowledge Generation?
~17.30 – Leaving Chalmers
18.00 – Workshop Dinner at Nonna
– Student presentations this time!
– Everyone is invited to prepare a presentation (please indicate if you DON’T want one)
– Monday 17 December
– Meet 13:00 at Chalmers, room MVL14 in the Maths building
– Fika break at around 15.00
– Food at 18.00 at Nonna (http://nonna.se) – make sure to select which dish you want from the menu and write that down in the comments on the Doodle!
– If you are going to come, answer on Friday 14 December at the latest, at the Doodle
– I think it would be awesome if you could send me the titles for your presentations before Monday morning the 17th.
Yiiha! Another GoBiG meeting, this time we’re celebrating Christmas with a longer meeting with presentations! Everyone should prepare a ten-minute presentation on a subject of their choice (e.g. their own research project), or decline to give a presentation (boo! hiss…) I think it would be awesome if you could send me the title for your presentation before Monday morning the 17th.
We will start at 13.00 at Chalmers, in room MVL14 in the Maths building. Sometime around 15.00 we will take a break for fika and afterwards we will go to Nonna (http://nonna.se), where we have reserved a table at 18.00. Please fill in if you will come for the meeting and/or dinner on this Doodle page.
We need you to select which dish you want from the menu (http://nonna.se/vara-menyer/) and write that down in the comments on the Doodle! Just follow my example. Those who are not Swedish-speaking might want to find a Swedish friend to translate the menu for them.
Please reply before Friday the 14th at the latest. As usual, you are very welcome to the dinner regardless if you can come to the meeting!