MetaxaQR: The next generation of Metaxa
Johan Bengtsson-Palme, Sebastian Wettersten, Rodney Richardson, Martin Hartmann, K. Martin Eriksson, R. Henrik Nilsson
Download the MetaxaQR package (version 3.0 beta 1)
Read the Metaxa2 manual (no manual prepared yet for version 3.0)
Read the FAQ
Looking for the previous version of Metaxa? It is still available, here.
Please e-mail me if you encounter bugs or have questions, but first check out the FAQ! If you do not find your answer there, then feel free to e-mail me. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname[a]microbiology.se (and my name is Johan Bengtsson-Palme).
- March 18, 2021 – 3.0 p1 – first version of the code uploaded to GitHub
- June 21, 2021 – 3.0 d1 – first developer release uploaded to GitHub (first actually useable release)
- April 28, 2022 – 3.0 b1 – first public beta version
If you for any reason would be interested in an older version of Metaxa, Metaxa2 or MetaxaQR, please e-mail me at the address below.
If you use MetaxaQR in your research, please cite it as:
- Bengtsson-Palme J, Hartmann M, Eriksson KM, Pal C, Thorell K, Larsson DGJ, Nilsson RH: Metaxa2: Improved Identification and Taxonomic Classification of Small and Large Subunit rRNA in Metagenomic Data. Molecular Ecology Resources (2015). doi: 10.1111/1755-0998.12399
If you use the MetaxaQR database builder, please cite it as:
- Bengtsson-Palme J, Richardson RT, Meola M, Wurzbacher C, Tremblay ED, Thorell K, Kanger K, Eriksson KM, Bilodeau GJ, Johnson RM, Hartmann M, Nilsson RH: Metaxa2 Database Builder: Enabling taxonomic identification from metagenomic and metabarcoding data using any genetic marker. Bioinformatics (2018). doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/bty482
Johan Bengtsson-Palme (firstname.lastname [at] microbiology.se)
Division of Systems and Synthetic Biology
Department of Biology and Biological Engineering
Chalmers University of Technology
Kemivägen 10, SE-412 96 Göteborg, Sweden